My name is Caroline and I’m a Nutritionist in good ol’ southern Athens, GA. I’m addicted to every type of workout there is; I’ve tried them all. For now, my favorites include long distance running (I’ve done 2 half marathons), yoga (even though I’m not too great at it!), PureBarre, and HIIT (specifically a class here in Georgia called BLAST).
- 10 small chicken wings (I used humanely raised chicken wings from Earthfare) (or more if feeding more people)
- 1-2 TBSP oil of choice (I used olive)
- Good Rub seasoning: salt, sugar, spices, paprika, garlic, chili powder, onion, coffee. (or seasoning of choice)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and cover a large baking pan or glass dish with aluminum foil.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray to ensure wings don’t stick to pan’s surface.
- Place wings in a large Ziploc bag and pour 2 TBSP of oil into bag. Mix up the wings and oil and make sure the oil covers all of the wings.
- Pour seasoning into a small bowl or on a small plate. You will roll the wings in the seasoning so make sure surface is big enough for the wings.
- One by one, roll wings in seasoning making sure they are covered. Cover as much or as little as you want. My boyfriend wanted these drenched in seasoning so I made sure to have every inch covered! :) Then place the wings on sprayed pan.
- Once all wings are on baking pan, place in oven and cook for 45 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, check wings and turn pan 360 degrees to ensure even cooking.
- After 45 minutes of cooking, check wings to make sure they are done. If there is still any pink whatsoever, keep cooking for ~15 minutes. If you have a food thermometer at home (I still need to buy one!) make sure the center of the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F.
- Once wings are finished cooking, remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
Follow Caroline on PumpUp @carolinewaters35