These recipes were shared by PumpUp member @thehealthymexican.
Autumn leaves are coming down in showers, yellow, red, orange and brown. The air is fragrant, crisp and cool. I´m wearing a snuggly sweater and cosy socks, thinking of what flavours remind me of this season. What definitely reminds me of autumn are the tastes of the fresh apples and pumpkins.
Maybe you are one of the many people who are, like me, overjoyed to welcome back the tastes of fall.
Also Halloween is coming nearly and I know how much candy we are going to have on our hands, so it´s always good to have a healthy alternative to that. I am sharing with you treats made with fruits. I fell in love with these ideas so I hope you like them too.
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Pumpkin Soup
- Apple Pie Dip
- Frozen Ghosts
- Orange Halloween Lantern Fruit Bowls
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 scoop (approximately 2 tablespoons) vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (you can make your own puree by roasting a small pie pumpkin and processing the flesh in a blender or food processor.)
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion top, chopped
In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Don’t let onion dry out.
Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don’t boil.
Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops. Serve immediately.
Apple Pie Dip
- 7-10 Dates
- 2 heaping scoops of chia seeds
- 2 cups of water
Let about seven to ten-ish pitted dates soak in 2 cups filtered water for one hour. After that pour dates into a blender, add two heaping scoops of chia seeds, & a bunch of sprinkles of cinnamon. Slice apples and enjoy!
Healthy Halloween Treats
- Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Dried Shredded Coconut
- 12 Dark chocolate chips
Cut and peel a banana in half widthwise. Dip the bananas with the Greek yogurt and repeat until coated. Roll the banana in coconut. Place two chocolate chips for the eyes and one chocolate chip for the mouth. Freeze for at least 20 min and serve.
Orange Halloween Lantern fruit bowls
- 3 Medium Navel Oranges
- 1 cup Mixed Fruit
Slice off the tops of the oranges. Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp of the oranges. Cut out faces on each orange to resemble a Halloween Pumpkin Lantern. Fill each orange with mixed fruit and serve.
Follow Valentina on PumpUp @thehealthymexican and on Instagram at thehealthymexican9