The first time I attempted to make this delightfully sweet quinoa porridge was a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't been able to stop experimenting with different spices, nuts and fruits since! It was just a matter of time before I tried a chai tea version, because I'm THAT obsessed.
This quinoa porridge is absolutely perfect to make as a quick, warm and yummy dinner on a cold night, but it's just as good on a sunny morning for breakfast. It won't take you more than twenty minutes to put together and I promise it'll keep you full while curbing those sugar cravings thanks to all the protein and fiber it holds!
You can even make it the night before and keep it in the fridge overnight to grab the next morning for breakfast or as a snack. Quinoa porridge is one of those very versatile dishes that you can eat whenever you want and spice up with whatever toppings you like!
Quinoa Porridge Ingredients
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 medium apple chopped in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3 anise stars
- Honey or sweetener of choice
1. Pour milk into a pot and bring to boil.
2. Once the milk is boiling (bubbling), add in your quinoa.
3. Add in your spices and sweetener.
4. Stir everything together and let it sit, keep an eye on it at all times and stir from time to time to avoid sticking.
5. Once you see that your quinoa's almost done (there should be some of the milk still, almost like a rice pudding consistency) add in your chopped apples and combine them into the mixture. Let it all sit for around two minutes or until they tender.
6. Once it's done, pour into a bowl and top with your favorite nuts and seeds. Enjoy!