With assignments to complete and exams to study for, exam season can be a very stressful time; staying healthy and in-shape becomes more difficult. The hardest part is finding the time to go to the gym while you have so much other work to do. Here are a couple tips to staying in shape during exam season!
1. Sleep: It all starts with a good night’s sleep. When you sleep well, you have more energy to be more productive with your studies, WHICH THEN gives you more time to exercise!
2. Eat Healthy: No matter how busy you get with exams, you need to eat. Take 5 minutes in the morning and pack your food for that 12 hour study session. If you eat healthy, you’ll feel better and avoid putting on those extra pounds from snack breaks.
3. Work Out: I know, I know - easier said than done during exam season… but there are many quick n’ easy ways to get active without ever leaving your bedroom! Here are some examples of exercises which can be done in little to no time to keep you active during exam season.
- Push- Ups: Simple, but effective in targeting your entire upper body and core.
- Body-Weight Squats: Try doing 100 of these and you’ll feel a great burn.
- Plank: A great ab exercise - make it more fun by competing with a friend for time.
- Burpees: Excellent way to get your heart rate up and use your full body.
All of these exercises can be done multiple times a day to stay in shape during exam season without having to leave your bedroom!
Let us know how you plan on staying fit and healthy during this exam season!