We should always live a healthier lifestyle because nowadays there are so many factors contributing to health degeneration. This includes pollution, chemicals in our food or beverages , etc. The problem is that most people (myself included) start to take action only after they fall sick, or are in the process of losing their health. I urge you, before you face a health problem or if you are facing it right now, start taking care of you and love yourself.
I faced the need for surgery on my left knee and afterwards the doctors realized it was a bad diagnosis and the real problem was a herniated disc. After surgery I didn’t start a healthier life and began to have many other health problems so when I went to the doctor he told me I needed to start living healthier or everything will be worse. It took me many starts and frustrations before I learned how to live a healthier lifestyle. Today, I am much healthier and fitter. I eat healthily most of the time (with regular indulgences) and I’m able to stick to a meal plan if I want, and avoid junk food most of the time. I know how hard can that be, but it is not impossible.
My advice for you is be creative and explore new foods, explore fruits, seeds, vegetables,nuts. There are foods that many people don’t eat on a regular basis or have never tried some of these. Explore the power you will feel by eating the right things. Start today! Get healthy with me! There are so many healthy and easy recipes you can start doing right now!
Chocolate PB Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, pre-sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ice as needed
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice according to desired thickness. Decorate the top with some unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds or fresh berries or nuts if you wish.
Pineapple Energy Smoothie
- 2 cups ripe pineapple
- 1 large knob of ginger (about 2-4 inches)
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut water
- Lemon juice (1 lemon squeezed)
- ½ cup Raspberries
Blend all ingredients for 20-30 seconds and enjoy! Decorate the top with some unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds or fresh berries or nuts if you wish.
Mango Coconut Chia-pudding
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup fresh ripe champagne mango, diced
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
- honey to make it sweeter (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large container Mix and close the container. Refrigerate overnight or at least 5-6 hours. Decorate with more fruits and coconut flakes.
Quinoa Tofu Salad
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 6- or 8-ounce package smoked tofu diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- ½ Avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1.Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet to cool for 10 minutes.
2.Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, tofu, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, parsley and mint; toss well to combine.
Follow Valentina on PumpUp @TheHealthyMexican