Get your morning off to a great and protein-packed start with these peppermint mocha pancakes. They're infused with the flavours of the holidays and they'll satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your diet.
For this recipe, it's important to heat up your pan or skillet before you start anything else. That way, when you're finished mixing your pancake batter, your pan will be at the perfect temperature.
Protein Packed Peppermint Mocha Pancakes
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes (this is a pancake mix with high amounts of protein in it)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 crushed up sugar free candy cane (or peppermint rounds)
- 1.25 cups Califia Brew Peppermint Mocha
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- Place your skillet on a stove burner at medium heat.
- Measure and mix all of the liquids in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients. I like to add the baking soda and baking powder directly into the liquid - you’ll notice that it'll start to bubble (this is what makes the pancakes so fluffy). Finally, add in the whipped eggs last so they don’t deflate.
- Mix them all together, If you over-mix, the peppermint mocha pancakes will have a flat and tough texture. I use a whisk and I stir until it's perfectly lumpy with a few streaks of flour.
- Pour those cakes in your pan! I use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop them up. I put 2-3 per pan. If your batter spreads out too much (meaning that it's too watery) add some flour!
- To flip the pancake: wait until you see the little bubbles rise and pop! After being flipped, they only need 1-2 minutes until they are done.
- Add whatever toppings you like, for these, I used some more chopped up candy canes and Walden farms chocolate syrup (0 cals, 0g sugar)
*If you wanna be naughty like me (this christmas) add some dark chocolate chips!
Macros: 45 Calories, 5 g Protein per pancake
This recipe for Peppermint Mocha Pancakes was made by PumpUp member @yasminariel. Find her on Instagram at @ymafit_