Love S'mores? Eat them as pancakes! This healthy recipe is packed with tons of protein. You'll be full and satisfied throughout your morning and you won't be undermining any of your hard work at the gym! Just in case you're tracking your macros, we've added that information at the bottom of our S'mores Pancakes recipe.
- 1/2 Kodiak Cakes (This is a pancake mix with high amounts of protein in it)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups milk - this recipe uses Califia Farms vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- Turn up the heat. Place a flat skillet on a medium-heat burner (I use two at once because I’m impatient). It will be all warmed up by the time you make the batter.
- Measure all of the liquids into a bowl. Let the vinegar sit with the milk for 5 minutes (This causes it to curdle. It sounds gross, but trust me, it makes it better)
- Add the dry ingredients. I like to add the baking soda and baking powder directly into the liquid - you’ll notice that they start to bubble (this is what makes the pancakes so fluffy). Put in the whipped eggs last so they don’t deflate.
- Mix them all together. If you over-mix the batter, the pancakes get flat and tough. I use a whisk and stir until it's slightly lumpy with some streaks of flour.
- Cook the batter! I use a 1/4 measuring cup to measure out the pancakes. After placing the batter in the pan, take a spoonful (approximately a tablespoon) of the marshmallow dip and dollop it on top. Next, take another 1/4 scoop of batter and cover the marshmallow.
- For flipping the pancake: wait until you see little bubbles rise and pop at the surface! After being flipped they only need to cook for 1-2 more minutes until they are done.
- Add whichever toppings you like. I used the Walden farms chocolate syrup, along with a chopped up S’mores quest bar, crushed graham crackers and some chocolate chips (my little secret!). Enjoy!
Macros for the S'Mores Pancakes (Before Toppings): 68 Calories, 5g Protein, 3g Sugar, 1g Fiber
Pin this recipe
This recipe for S'Mores Pancakes was made by PumpUp member @yasminariel. Find her on Instagram at @ymodic01.