Confetti Pasta Salad
Happy New Year PumpUp Family! We meet again with a new healthy, easy and yummy recipe!
One of the top 5 New Year’s resolutions is to stay fit and healthy. I’ve been there, I know what it means. However, saying isn’t as easy as doing, especially if a person lacks certain knowledge about how to combine different ingredients the right way.
This month, I encourage you to “eat the rainbow”, but also to be mindful about what you eat. Eating healthy is not entirely about eating green veggies or fruits. Experiment with different colors of healthy food (it’ll be great, trust me).
One of the things that keeps me more motivated is to eat colorful dishes, no matter if it’s morning, lunch, or dinner; I’m all about eating my colors! It makes me really happy, and I find it easier to continue with my healthy habits. Besides, it’s pretty easy to prepare colorful meals!
Another thing that keeps me motivated throughout the day is to have a colorful breakfast (if you are following me, you must know that! I always post what I have for breakfast); it puts me in a very good mood! I usually have a plate of different fruits with yoghurt and granola. Or sometimes, when I’m being lazy, I like to have a smoothie: it´s the same, different fruits, mixed with ice, water, milk, whatever you prefer!
If you want to incorporate a colorful diet into your routine, I have a very easy recipe for you: Confetti Pasta! Proportions can be adjusted to your liking:
- Uncooked cavatappi pasta (can use gluten-free pasta)
- Baby tomatoes (cherry size), halved
- Yellow bell peppers
- A pinch of finely chopped dill
- Feta cheese
- Pepperoni (or any protein of your choice, chick peas would work well)
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Parsley and basil, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Once it’s cooked and cooled, add rest of ingredients (except for the lemon juice, salt and pepper) and mix them.
- Once it’s everything nicely distributed, add the salt and pepper, and mix again.
- The final step is to add as much lemon juice as you want, garnish with basil, and voila!
This recipe is easy, colourful, and delicious.
Hope this meal motivates you to continue to pursue your goals for 2015! I’d love to see pics of your creations!
See you again next month with a whole new recipe!