**This plan is best for people who want to fully embrace the Raw in College lifestyle!!!—this means you are ready to cut out animal products and processed foods—it applies to anyone who is looking to completely change their life in all aspects—enhance your overall health, lose weight, and feel your best through a whole food, plant based diet. This plan is meant to provide guidelines not rules for your eating habits. The options for this lifestyle are truly endless, so this is just a general idea of what your day could look like! YOU ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE!**
WATER: Every day, you should be drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces! For example, if you are a 140 pound woman, you should be drinking 70 ounces of water throughout the day. Water flushes your body of toxins and other harmful substances that have been accumulating in your body up until this point. When you wake up, you should start your day with one liter (32 ounces) of water—for some people, this may be a big change! Water does nothave to be boring! You can infuse your water with fresh fruits and herbs to really enhance your hydration and make it tastier for you— most importantly!
- LARGE GREEN SMOOTHIE! My favorite recipe can be found here.
**my secret ratio to a perfect smoothie every time: 1/3 of the blender should be frozen fruit, 1/3 fresh, ripe fruit, and 1/3 greens (such as kale, spinach, romaine)—if you like a thick smoothie, add water as you go to achieve your desired consistency—if you like more of a liquid consistency, fill your blender 1/3 of the way and it should be perfect!**
- FRUIT PLATTER- This option can consist of a variety of fresh fruit of your choice! I also love eating mono meals– this is when you just have a large quantity of one fruit, such as an entire personal watermelon or honeydew. Eating mono meals helps your digestive system immensely and you will definitely notice a difference!
- 32 oz FRESH PRESSED JUICE- It’s all about what YOU enjoy on this lifestyle! What are you in the mood for? The variations of juice recipes are endless! Juice is an incredible way to get nutrients into your body quickly and give you the energy you need to jump start your day!
- ‘NICE’CREAM: MY FAVORITE! It’s so yummy you won’t believe how healthy it is for you! Simply blend frozen fruit in a high speed blender or food processor until the desired ice cream consistency! As a base, I like to blend about 2-4 frozen bananas in my food processor and top it off with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and dried mulberries for an extra crunch!
- RAW SALAD (kale, spinach, romaine, spring mix, arugula, collard greens, etc) filled with unlimited raw veggies!! (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, kale, asparagus, corn, beans, celery, cucumber, eggplant, greens of any kind, mushrooms, onions, pea pods, peppers, squash, sugar snap peas)
- I like to ‘dress’ my salad with the juice of about 1/2 of a lemon, but if you are transitioning from a diet heavy in creamy dressings, you may want to try out some of my raw salad dressing recipes coming soon on my RECIPES page!
- 2 to 4 pieces/cups of fruit (grapes, berries, apple, peach) and unlimited veggies from your always list down below!
- fruit/veggie smoothie
- fresh pressed juice
DINNER OPTIONS: (very similar to lunch and can be interchangeable)
- Start your meal with a smoothie, fruit platter, or ‘nice’ cream! (this will help eliminate cravings for processed sugars after your meal, especially if you are used to having dessert after your dinner!)
- RAW SALAD (kale, spinach, romaine, spring mix, arugula, collard greens, etc) filled with unlimited raw veggies!! (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, kale, asparagus, corn, beans, celery, cucumber, eggplant, greens of any kind, mushrooms, onions, pea pods, peppers, squash, sugar snap peas, avocado)
- RAW PASTA! you can find the recipe here
- always veggies: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, green beans, kale, asparagus, corn, beans, celery, cucumber, eggplant, greens of any kind, mushrooms, onions, pea pods, peppers, squash, sugar snap peas
- fresh fruit
- small handful of naturally dried fruit (no added sugar, no preservatives)
- handful of whole natural raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, etc)