Rice with salmon, eggs and vegetables
It’s February and I could not any happier to start fresh again. You want to rock the beach this summer. I want to rock the beach this summer. I love Asian food so much and because of that I became inspired to create this dish. You can eat it for lunch and/or dinner!
- 1 cup of Rice (the Chinese type one)
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper or any color you want
- 1 small red cabbage
- Soy sauce
- 2-3 slices of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of salmon
- Olive oil
- Salt and all of the spices you want
1. Wash the rice well. For every cup of rice add 4 cups of water.
2. Put the water in a pot, add some salt and let it boil then add the rice and two small drops of olive oil so the rice will not stick to the pot. Let it cook for about 15 minutes (or as it said on the package/or until there is no water left)
3. Cut the carrot the red pepper and the cabbage into small, thin, long slices. Cut stems off broccoli so that you’re left with florets.
4. Melt butter in a pan. Add the pepper and carrot and let them cook for about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and wait for another 2 or 3 minutes, depending on whether you prefer the vegetables more cooked or not. Now you can add cabbage and about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and season as you like, stir for 2-3 times and turn off the heat.
5. Wash the salmon and make sure it has no fish bones left. Take a pan, spray some olive oil and then place the salmon. Let it cook on both sides for about 5-7 minutes /each side. You should see when it’s ready because it gets a beautiful brown color. After it is done, put it on a cutting table and make small parts of it.
6. In another pan, spray some olive oil let it heat then and the 2 eggs together and stir like you are making some kind of omelet (or scrambled eggs)
7. Now you are ready and you can put all the things together. Take a bowl, put one layer of rice, the scrambled eggs, the salmon the vegetables mixture and you are ready to eat an amazing, tasty, healthy meal.
You can also find me on my blog : https://amariiaa.wordpress.com