Tomato Eggs with Chili
Makes 4 servings
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chili
- 1 red bell pepper
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (about 320F). Scald the tomatoes for 30 seconds with hot water so that they can be peeled, pitted and cut into small pieces.
- Peel and dice garlic and onion. Clean chili and bell pepper, remove pits and dice them as well.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Roast onions then add bell pepper, chili, garlic and tomatoes and let everything cook for about 12 minutes until the mixture’s consistency gets thicker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put tomato mixture into ramekins. With a spoon press down the middle of the tomato mixture in order to create a hole. Fill the hole with the egg.
- Put everything in the oven and monitor it until the egg whites are set and are not clear anymore.