Last month, I was OBSESSED with porridge. I basically had the very same vegan porridge for breakfast every day. Not every other day, but EVERY day. I'm trying to wean myself off of oats — even if it's just for a little while. But let's be honest: a (vegan) human being cannot stay away from porridge. I will probably be back on the oat train very soon. I thought that it was only fitting to share my Treat Yourself Vegan Porridge recipe with you. It sums up this past month perfectly— and I even got a few requests for it.
A few things to note beforehand: you can always modify my recipes to your liking. But trust me on this one—adding frozen fruits into your porridge will change your life. Second, adding vegan chocolate to your porridge will also change your life. Stick to raw dark chocolate if you want to be extra careful. If you're a vegan - treat yourself to crumbled Oreos (yep, Oreos are vegan if you didn't already know). When consumed in moderation, they'll change your life more than anything else.
Treat Yourself Vegan Porridge
- 40 g (or 1/3 cup) of oats (I used half rolled oats and half quick cooking oats)
- 10 g (or about 5 tbsp) amaranth (If you do not have amaranth feel free to add the same amount of oats instead)
- 10 g (or 3 tbsp) coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 300 ml (or about 1 ¼ cup) liquid of your choice (I used oat milk, almond milk and water)
- Pure vanilla extract, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Frozen fruits (I used mangoes, cherries and blueberries)
- Vegan chocolate chunks (optional)
- Fresh fruits of your choice (I used banana, different plums, green grapes, raspberries and blackberries)
- Coconut flakes, to taste
- Chopped hazelnuts, to taste
- Chopped almonds, to taste
- Chopped Oreos, to taste
- Agave nectar, to taste
- Chop up your favorite fresh fruits.
- Measure out oats, amaranth, coconut flakes, flax seeds and chia seeds.
- In a small pan, heat up the liquid of your choice, then add in your measured out dry ingredients. For a creamier consistency, use milk.
- Stir until combined, then let mixture simmer for about a minute. Stir in your frozen fruits, then and let mixture simmer again until fruits have thawed
- Pour everything into your favourite bowl. If adding chocolate chunks, use the back of your spoon to press them into the vegan porridge so that they melt
- Add the rest of your toppings to the vegan porridge. Mix everything together and enjoy!
Where to Find Me
- PumpUp @_lis
- Instagram @ vegan_lis
- Tumblr @ www.vegan-lis.tumblr.com
- Snapchat @ lis-ssy
Pin This Vegan Porridge Recipe