It looks like our fellow primate buddies were on the right track with their love for bananas! I’m sure we all know that they are good for you because they’re a fruit right? But that’s not doing the poor bananas any justice; they have so much more to them than any old “fruit”.
15 Reasons why Bananas can hold their own as the #1 fruit among the world’s athletes:
1. ENERGY – 2 bananas give you enough energy to complete a vigorous 90-minute workout! Now that’s just BANANA’s.
2. DEPRESSION - People feel better after eating a banana, why is that? Bananas have tryptophan in them, which is a protein that the body converts into serotonin, known for its ability to make you relax, improve your mood, and overall, make you happier.
3. PMS – No more chocolate cravings, or crazy mood swings, bring on the Bananas every month! Bananas contain vitamin B6, which regulates blood glucose levels, which can help improve your mood.
4. ANEMIA – Bananas are crazy high in iron, which gives them the ability to stimulate the production of anemia in the blood.
5. BLOOD PRESSURE – The fact that the US Food and Drug Administration has given permission to the banana industry to make legit claims for the fruits ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke is a testament to the Bananas super powers. The reason for this is because bananas are high in potassium and low in salt, good stuff!
6. BRAIN POWER - 200 students at a Twickenham school in England were helped through their exams by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in an attempt to boost their brainpower. Findings conclude that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
7. CONSTIPATION – Bananas are full of fibre, which gives them the ability to regulate normal bowel movements without the use of laxatives.
8. HANGOVER CURE – Bad Hangover? The solution = a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the added honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
9. HEARTBURN – If you are experiencing heartburn try munching on a banana for relief. The banana will have an antacid effect on the body.
10. MORNING SICKNESS – Bananas keep blood sugar levels up so you can avoid morning sickness
11. MOSQUITO BITES – Try rubbing the area you have bites on with the inside of the banana skin, successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
12. NERVES – high in vitamin B bananas can actually calm you down.
13. ULCERS - The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
14. TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Many cultures have named Banana the “cooling fruit” that can lower the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers.
15. YUM – Plus, they just taste so darn good!
So basically what we are trying to say is, if you don’t like Bananas its time for you to learn to love them. When you compare a banana to an apple, it has FOUR TIMES the protein, TWICE the carbohydrates, THREE TIMES the phosphorus, it is rich in potassium, has five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. Can we say super food of the year!?