A few weeks ago I was really craving something sweet. I knew that I could quell my craving with some fruit. Though I managed to transcend my craving that night, I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be tempted to reach for something sweet in the morning. I was inspired to bake 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Breakfast Biscuits: a simple and quick recipe so that I could wake up and satisfy my cravings with a healthy breakfast made of wholesome ingredients. Gluten Free Breakfast Biscuits
- 2 cups of self rising flour (I used whole grain self rising flour)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid)
- ¾ cup coconut milk or milk of your choice. Coconut milk from the can works as well.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Add self-rising flour in a mixing bowl then add the coconut oil. With a fork, mix everything together until it resembles crumbs. Add the coconut milk and mix until it is fully combined as a dough.
- Put the dough on a cutting board sprinkled with flour. Roll it out flat till it's 1/2 inch thick, then use a tall glass or a biscuit cut the dough into circles
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven for 10 mins or until golden on top.
You can eat them right away or save them for breakfast and serve them with peanut butter and fruits. They are not too sweet: you can eat them with coffee or you drizzle some honey and nuts on top of them.
Hope you like it!
These gluten free breakfast biscuits were created by Anna M (eatforyourpeace). Follow her on PumpUp @annaaa_, on Instagram @annaaamsl, and check out her blog. Let us know what you think of Anna’s 3 ingredient gluten free breakfast biscuits in the comments below!