A couple weeks ago I went to a vegan café and ordered the most amazing raw brownie with a cup of tea. I haven't been able to get that glorious chocolatey treat out of my mind since then. You see, brownies were my everything when I was a little girl. My Mom would make them all the time from scratch, then she stopped making them for no reason, so I'd save up money to buy the pre packaged mixes so that I could make them myself. I was around eight years old, and I absolutely sucked at baking.
Flash forward eleven years and I'm trying out recipes to re-create that one raw brownie. Who would've thought? Well, good news is... I managed to re-create it. These 5 ingredient raw brownies are even more delicious than the one at the café!
Fudgy, rich, decadent, healthy, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free... You know the drill. Only the absolute best for you guys!
We'll be needing no more than five ingredients, a food processor and your fridge to make these simple yet unbelievable raw vegan brownies.
5 ingredient raw brownies
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dried dates (soak them if they're not very rich)
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt, if desired.
- Pulse almonds and walnuts in the food processor until ground.
- Add in your dates, process until a dough is formed.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder and the salt. Process again until the dough becomes all brown and chocolatey.
- Place the sticky dough into a pan (I used a loaf pan) and press. Now put it into your fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill before cutting into squares and enjoying.
- Keep in fridge.
And there you go! 5 ingredient raw brownies for chocolate lovers. You can even top it with some nut butter or a ball of banana ice cream... Or both! Enjoy!