Stop worrying about putting on weight with these delicious and healthy low calorie holiday recipes. You can also make low calorie beverages too, like healthy smoothie recipes for weight loss.
Tangy Tomato Dip
Here, you need light cottage cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and light cream cheese. The ingredients also include lemon juice, garlic powder and buttermilk.
- Mix together 5 tbsp of light cottage cheese, ¼ cup each of sun-dried tomatoes and cream cheese and, 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Add ½ tsp of garlic powder to the mixture
- Use a food processor or whisk these ingredients together. Add 2 tbsp of buttermilk at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve the tomato dip with baked potato chips
The recipe has vanilla soy milk, vanilla pudding mix, rum extract, ground nutmeg, and low-calorie sweeteners.
- Take 5 cups of vanilla soy milk, 1 cup vanilla pudding mix and 6 low-calorie sweetener packs.
- Then take 1 tsp each of rum extract and ground nutmeg.
- Mix all these ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture in a bowl and store it in your fridge for at least 3 hours.
This recipe includes skimmed milk, pasteurized egg substitute and vanilla. Artificial sweetener and nutmeg will enhance the taste of this beverage.
- Take 2 cups of skimmed milk, 1 cup of pasteurized egg substitute and 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Now take 1 pack of artificial sweetener.
- Blend all these ingredients and process them.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp of nutmeg. Mix well.
This 'fancy' recipe is deceptively easy! It perfectly blends the textures and tastes of figs, goat cheese, prosciutto and balsamic vinegar.
- Take 12 large figs, 1 cup of goat cheese, 12 slices of prosciutto and 1 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Slice each fig into two equal parts.
- Put a bit of goat cheese in the figs.
- Cover each fig with a prosciutto slice.
- Put some cooking spray on a baking sheet.
- Put the figs on this sheet and add the balsamic vinegar to them.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
This lovely cocktail has white wine, pomegranate, club soda and water.
- Take ½ cup of white wine and, ¼ cup each of club soda and pomegranate.
- Combine all these items. Mix thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup water and mix well.
Crab Meat Spread
This spread is light, creamy, and it won't bust your healthy eating habits. It's made with drained crab meat, light mayo, pomegranate seeds, scallions, and lemon juice.
- Take 4 cups of drained crab meat, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp of sliced green scallion tops and 4 tbsp of light mayonnaise.
- Combine these ingredients
- Add 1 cup pomegranate seeds and mix well
- Serve with whole grain crackers or vegetables
Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts
This brussels sprouts dish also has pecans, unsalted butter and lemon juice. The butter can be substituted with Earth Balance if you're going dairy-free.
- Take 4 cups of brussels sprouts. Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Boil in water for 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tsp of butter and simmer 1/4 cup of sliced pecans in the butter for about 5 minutes
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and mix.
- Now add this mixture to the sprouts.
There is no need to deprive your taste buds! Try these low calorie holiday recipes and enjoy yourself this season.
About the Author Suzanne Collins is the founder of www.1800remedies.com, which offers Natural home remedies for all the day to day health issues in our life. I am not a doctor by any means, I want to spread knowledge on natural home remedies that it is easy to use with no side effects and give healthy Life style to My Family and people around the world.