When talking about getting fit, basically everyone wants a flat tummy and some nice abs. For that reason I have a feeling a lot of you are going to want to keep reading! Todays blog post on 6 Tips to get that flat tummy, is written by none other than Cassey Ho, from @blogilates! She shares with us how to look awesome, and the tips are totally doable!
There are no magic secrets towards getting flat abs. The truth is that you HAVE TO watch what you’re eating so that the abs can show through. They are not flat because you have fat sitting on top. So like I always say, pair a great workout with a clean diet and you’re on your way to getting the body of your dreams. Here are some of my fave tips:
1. Replace refined carbs with steamed veggies. Remove processed or “bad carbs” such as white bread, pastas, potatoes, and white rice from your diet. Eat brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and/or 100% whole wheat bread instead. If you don’t want grains, substitute that part of your plate with leafy greens for increased fibre intake and less calorie consumption! I love zero calorie Miracle Noodles for filling up if you still feel like you want to eat pasta.
2. CARDIO MANIA! Melt the fat to let the abs show through. I am obsessed with HIIT workouts. High intensity interval training. Short bursts of really hard exercises that mix strength training with cardio blasts. See my latest HIIT routine here!
3. PILATES! Obviously. This is the BEST core workout around. The whole method was created based on strengthening your powerhouse which includes everything around your waist line. Forget those 100 crunches.
4. Drink lots of water! You should be drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses per day. Not only will it help fill you up so you eat less, but it aids in digestion. This is one of the best natural weight loss remedies around.
5. Eliminate junk food. No more soda, sugary drinks, fried food etc. But you know that already.
6. Eat smaller more frequent meals. Body builders and fitness competitors do this because they say it revs up their metabolism, but results vary per person. I tried this during my 8 week bikini slimdown but found that it just made me hungrier because I was thinking about food all the time! Make sure that if you’re eating numerous times throughout the day, your overall calorie intake does not increase! Key word: SMALLER, more frequent meals.
All About Cassey:
One of the most inspiring people on the internet, Cassey a.k.a. “Blogilates” has motivated millions of people to sculpt their bodies and live their dreams. Through her popular channel, award winning blog, top downloaded app, and POP Pilates DVDs, Cassey is the leader in empowering the next generation to live happier and healthier lives.
Check out more of Blogilates here: http://www.blogilates.com/