Happy June! This is my latest and most favourite recipe. Creamy vegan nice cream is low-cal and so delicious during the hot summertime. You can add whichever toppings you like, and it's completely gluten free and vegan! You can even add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to add some protein (I was just in a rush so I didn't add any this time around). The consistency of vegan nice cream is just like ice cream and it tastes SO rich! It's filled with fiber and potassium from the bananas, anti-inflammatory properties from the cinnamon, and some protein from the nut milk.
CREAMY VEGAN NICE CREAM
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 TBSP Cacao & Coconut Flax Blend (optional)
- ~1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
- 1 TBSP pure date syrup, for topping
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Fig Ancient Seed Granola, for topping
- Blend first 4 ingredients in a high powered food processor until blended well. Then, slowly add in almond milk TBSP by TBSP until mixture has reached a more smooth, yet still thick consistency (like ice cream :) )
- Blend until well blended, then spoon mixture into serving bowl.
- Top with granola and drizzle with date syrup.