Recipes posted by PumpUp member @jenac. Check out her Instagram for fitness videos too: @jenxx4
Please feel free to recreate anything you see here, and don’t forget to hashtag #MindfulMeals and tag @jenxx4 on Instagram so I can see your healthy choices!
- Hot coleslaw mountain
- Guilt-free cookie dough bites
- Simply Shrimp
- Cod fish 101
Hot Coleslaw Mountain
- Raw Cabbage(you can get packaged cabbage that is mixed with veggies)
- 1/3 Cup of chopped red peppers
- 1/3 Cup of chopped yellow peppers (and any other vegetables of your choice)
- Seasoning (black pepper, roasted garlic, sun-dried tomato and herb, lemon and herb, and hot pepper flakes)
- 1/3 Cup of chopped red onions
- Creamy Coleslaw dressing of your choice (I used Presidents Choice brand)
- Combine cabbage, red peppers, yellow peppers, and any other vegetables of your choice in a bowl. (If you wish to add meat to the coleslaw, do it in this step. Chicken or Beef tastes great in it)
- Add Creamy Coleslaw dressing to bowl and mix contents together so the dressing is evenly disbursed.
- Add seasoning to bowl and give it another mix.
- Pile coleslaw into another bowl and stack it so it slightly resembles a mountain.
- Add red onions to the top of the coleslaw.
- Then add more hot pepper flakes and black pepper to your dish. (The amount you use will vary depending on how “hot” you would like it to be)
Guilt-free Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1/3 Cup of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped nuts. Walnuts are good.(Completely optional)
- 2 teaspoons of honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of water
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- A little more than a pinch of cinnamon
- Less than 1/3 Cup of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips.
- Combine oats and almond flour in a blender. (If you decided to add nuts then add them in too)
- Take your 2 teaspoons of honey or agave nectar and put in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of water. Melt it and then add the salt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add blended almond flour and oats to the bowl containing the wet ingredients.
- Mix and roll into balls. (If it’s not sticking together just add a little water)
- After rolling them into balls, add semi sweet dark chocolate chips in it. (Literally just stick them in gently, the flat part should be the side that’s facing outward of the ball)
- Olive Oil/Coconut oil
- 1 Cup of broccoli
- ½ Cup of Shrimp(plain cooked)
- 6 spears of asparagus (each asparagus spear should be cut into 3)
- 1/3 Cup of chopped red pepper
- 1/3 Cup of shredded carrot strips. (as seen in picture above)
- Seasonings (black pepper, roasted garlic and/or garlic powder, sun-dried tomato and herb, lemon and herb, and hot pepper flakes)
- Handful of green beans
- ¼ Cup of chopped red onions
- Spray pan with olive oil or coconut oil. Pan should be on medium heat.
- Combine vegetables, minus the red onions and carrots and toss them in the pan. (Cover pan with lid to ensure that the vegetables get steamed.) Let cook for 3-4 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Add cooked shrimp, carrots, onions, and seasoning to the pan and continue to let cook for another 2 minutes. (Cooked Shrimp should always be pink by the end)
- Remove from pan and put in a bowl.
Cod fish 101
- 4oz filet of cod
- Seasoning (sea salt, black pepper, roasted garlic, lemon and herb)
- 1 medium tomato, finely sliced.
- Olive oil
- 1 slice of red onion (Chopped)
- 2 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- Half a teaspoon of chopped chives
- 10 asparagus spears
- Seasoning (sea salt, black pepper, roasted garlic)
- Heat fry pan with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil (pan should be on medium heat)
- Add tomatoes to pan and let cook for 30-45 seconds with occasional stirring.
- Add fish filet to pan and season to taste (sea salt, black pepper, roasted garlic, lemon and herb)
- Pan fry 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove fish from pan and set on plate.
- Sprinkle chives and basil over fish and then place red onion on top.
- Add asparagus spears to pan. (Cover pan with lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes with occasional stirring)
- Season to taste (sea salt, black pepper, roasted garlic) and let sit for another 20 seconds while covered)
- Remove asparagus from pan and place on plate with Cod.