Reinvented vegan oreo biscuits
For the biscuits
- 100 g nuts
- 120 g pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of the sweetener of your choice
For the filling
- 1 can (165ml) of coconut milk with 78% pulp
- 1 teaspoon any sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Place all the vegan oreo biscuit ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture forms a paste. Keep an eye out on the mixture: if you blend it too much, it'll get really oily.
- Take ingredients out of the food processor and knead it to form a thick dough. Roll it out, and use a rounded glass to cut the dough into firm, round, biscuit shaped discs. Leave them in the fridge while you make the filling.
- For the vegan oreo biscuit cream, take the coconut pulp out of the can and place it in a bowl (separate from the milk).
- Mix the pulp with sweetener, vanilla, and coconut oil until it forms a soft texture.
- Take your vegan oreo biscuits out of the fridge and sandwich the cream filling between them.
- Serve immediately or let it chill in the fridge before eating.
These reinvented vegan oreo biscuits were created by Anna M (eatforyourpeace). Follow her on PumpUp @annaaa_, on Instagram @annaaamsl, and check out her blog. Let us know what you think of Anna’s vegan oreo biscuits in the comments below!