Sure, you could eat nutella by the tablespoon. But what good would that do for you? Try your hand at making homemade nutella instead. You'll know exactly what you're putting into your body and if you have all of the ingredients handy, you'll be able to whip it up in a cinch. Making homemade nutella isn't rocket science. You'll need a great food processor and a few other ingredients to make everything smooth and creamy.
- One cup of roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- Half a cup of powdered sugar or if you are trying to avoid it, any sweetener that you like
- Half a cup of cocoa powder
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- Non fat / almond / coconut milk
In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts until a paste forms. I like a rougher texture to my homemade nutella, so I left chunkier hazelnuts remain in my mixture.
Add the sugar, the cocoa powder, the salt, vanilla extract and the oil and blend again for a few seconds.