This past month, I found out that I might suffer from fructose malabsorption. Since I love fruit, this was a pretty big deal for me. I wanted to cut out fructose as much as I could, so smoothies were out of the question. Thus, I returned to an old favourite of me: vegan chocolate waffles! The recipe I am sharing with you today is the absolute bomb and I have already received a lot of compliments from non-vegans saying that these are one of the best waffles they ever tried! Regardless of whether you are vegan or not, you have to try these vegan chocolate waffles.
Vegan Chocolate Waffles
- 135 g (or 1 cup) whole spelt flour
- 4 tbsp vegan cocoa powder
- About ½ tsp baking powder
- 50 g (or ¼ cup) cane sugar (or agave syrup)
- 240 ml (or 1 cup) vegan milk (I like almond milk for this recipe best)
- 2 tbsp melted vegan margarine
- Drops of vanilla extract and cinnamon, to taste
- 20 g vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Blueberry Raspberry Nice Cream
- 30 g frozen raspberries
- 30 g frozen blueberries
- 40 g (vanilla) soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Pure vanilla extract, to taste (optional)
- For the waffles, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until you end up with a smooth batter. Heat up your waffles iron and wait until batter cooks.
- For the nice cream, blend your ingredients with an immersion blender or a regular sized blender. I like to make the nice cream before I make the waffles, so that I can store it in a freezer. This makes the nice cream a little bit firmer.
- Place your waffles on a plate, top them with the nice cream and other toppings, like chopped nuts.
Where to find me:
Snapchat @ lis-ssy
Pin this Recipe