Viewing entries tagged
best of 2014
Whether you’re beginning your health and wellness journey, looking to spark your life with a bit more positivity and pep, discerning the truth about fitness myths, or scouring the internet for a new way to challenge yourself, PumpUp’s fantastic blog community has you covered.
Check out these amazing tips and anecdotes of advice that PumpUp posted over the past year.
Why a positive life leads to positive outcomes
If it makes you happy, do it. If it doesn’t, don’t. Our December was overflowing with an outpour of positivity from the entire PumpUp community! These articles touched on topics that grapple with the theme of internalizing and externalizing positive energy:
- How one less bad thought will allow us to live positive lives
- 3 ways I transformed negativity into positivity
- Why it’s important to have a positive body image
- How a positive mindset will help you achieve your dream body
- This is how to breathe positivity into your soul
- A letter to my younger self
Beginning your fitness journey
The start of anything new is always the hardest. Remember this: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning. These articles contain useful information that will help you to find your way, go the distance, and become the best version of you.
- How to master self-discipline
- I lost motivation during my fitness journey, then found it again. Here’s how.
- 4 ways to have a healthy relationship with food
- How to stop binge eating
Addressing Fitness Myths
It’s easy to interpret misleading information as the truth. Ever been told that crunches are the key to flat abs? Not so much. Our bloggers have done a tremendous job at addressing health and fitness myths that tend to obscure what really matters.
- This is why women shouldn’t be afraid of lifting weights
- Understanding the importance of a calorie
- Lifting myth: once you stop training, your muscles turn into fat
- Is cardio necessary for weight loss?
- Is counting calories helpful?
- Anaerobic vs. Aerobic fitness: which is better for your health?
Our best health & fitness tips
Check out these health and fitness tips if you’re ever struggling to piece together information for yourself. You just want answers, period. Here they are:
The Best PumpUp Smoothie Recipes of 2014
A smoothie a day keeps the sadness away! Detox from the turkey (and the cookies, and the stuffing) by sipping on these delicious and nutritious recipes of liquid perfection. PumpUp members are the smoothest smoothie gurus you’ll ever meet.
Click through for pop culture puns and for #TeamPumpUp’s picks of our community’s best smoothie recipes of 2014.
The Breakfast Club Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @kieraeleanor
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Organic coconut flakes and protein granola, to garnish
I Keep on Fallin’ for this smoothie
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @randiashley
- 3 dates
- 1 apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- handful of ice
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @jaade_
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- splash of vanilla
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @lilmisssmiley
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 0.5-1 cup frozen mango
- 0.5-1 cup almond milk
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @camilavb12
- 3 pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup of lactose free milk or almond milk
- 10 or more blueberries to garnish
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @smoothiegurl
- 1 banana
- 5 big strawberries
- Some orange juice
- A handful of raspberries
It Takes Two to Mango Tango Smoothie
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @_harleyjade_
- 1 mango
- Handful of strawberries
- Handfuls of spinach
- Splash of milk
Banana Berry-Good Oat Smoothie
Recipe courtesy of PumpUp member @_sierra_
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup Frozen blueberries
- Cashew milk, to taste