Hola Amigos! Did you know that without regular physical activity, the body slowly loses its strength and ability to function well? Active living means including physical activity in your daily life. You don’t need to spend hours at the gym to be an active person. Active living could mean just making small changes in your daily life, like walking to the store or to the gym, taking the stairs instead of the elevator at the mall etc. Any physical activity is proven to improve both mental and physical health. It tackles anxiety, depression and anger. #ActiveAugust is here to make you feel good and improve your health. Be more active today! Fuel up with these healthy yellow recipes once you've finished your workout.
Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds or squash seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt, to taste
Rinse pumpkin seeds in a colander. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and allow to dry for 1 hour or longer. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Toss the seeds in the chili powder and lime juice. Add salt if necessary. Place the seeds back on the baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on a plate.
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 20-40 drops Stevia Extract (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix well. Pour into stainless steel popsicle molds. Freeze for 5 hours or until solid.
Yellow Spicy Superfood Smoothie
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cups apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- sweetener, to taste (optional)
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy!
Curry Vegetable Dip
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
Blend everything together using a whisk, and serve with vegetables.