Sunny weather and salty water bring tons of fun, but they can also damage your hair and skin. Even though healthy skin comes with having a healthy mind and body, you should still take extra care of it. Not only are these 5 DIY beauty hacks great for your skin and hair, but they're also made with 100% natural and easy to find ingredients.
- Coffee Grounds Face & Body Scrub: Coffee is used to wake us up when we're tired. When it comes to beauty, coffee works the same way. Why not use it in your routine? Coffee contains antioxidants and it also helps to get your blood circulation flowing. This is the reason why many anti-cellulite products have caffeine in it. Enough with the chit-chat. Here's what you need:
- fresh coffee grounds (organic, if possible)
- a bit of coconut oil
Mix both ingredients together and scrub all over your body in the shower, and on your face with round, circular motions. Be cautious and try to exfoliate your skin for once a week at max.
- Oats & Avocado Face Mask: From your breakfast to your bathroom, oats have many uses. This ingredient can soften your skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The healthy fats from the avocado in this recipe will keep your skin moisturized and smooth.
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of oats
Put the avocado and the oats into a blender and pulse till you get a creamy consistency. Apply mixture evenly onto your face and neck and leave it there for about 15 minutes. Refrigerate avocados in the fridge before you make the face mask for best results.
- Infused water for sunburns: Summer is all about lazy days at the pool, long walks on the beach, and sun-kissed skin. But when we focus too much on getting the “sunkissed” look, we get sunburns. If your skin is sensitive, the last thing you want to do is put chemicals on it! These ingredients below will help your skin to heal and hydrate in a natural way, without putting to many products on the affected area.
- 1/2 Cool/frozen cucumber (you can also use cantaloupes)
- ½ Liter of coconut water (you can also use regular water)
- Mint leaves
Just put everything in a bottle with a spraying device, leave it in the fridge for a few hours, and then use it all over your body.
- Coconut oil as hair mask: Coconut oil has many many uses when it comes to beauty, but my favorite one is moisturizing the hair! A lot of people use about 1 tbsp of coconut oil as a day-to-day face mask, but I prefer to put it into my dry hair. First, I massage it (remember, the oil must be melted) on my scalp and comb it through to the ends of my hair, then I leave it there for about two hours. After, I wash my hair with water until the oil is rinsed out completely. It works even better if you put it on before bed and wash it out next morning. I only do this once a month, and it works fine for me!
- Green tea skin toner: Green tea is a must when it comes to beauty products. Just look at all the things you can buy with green tea in it! This ingredient helps oily skin, reduces the appearance of your pores, has anti-aging effects, and even has a bit of sun protection. You can use matcha powder to maximize results. Make a strong brew, put into an airtight container and apply it on your skin with cotton when you wake up and before bed.
What are your favorite homemade DIY beauty hacks? Give one or two of these beauty recipes a try and let us know how you liked them in the comments below!