Protein-packed Cookie Dough Dip
This is part of a series of recipes from PumpUp member @carolinewaters35. Follow her blog, the G-free RD, here.
This protein-rich recipe is really easy to make and tastes amazing. You do need a food processor, but trust me: food processors are worth investing in as they make it easy to prepare tons of healthy recipes!
The protein in this recipes comes from the greek yogurt-like product called Elli Quark. It’s lower calorie and higher protein than greek yogurt and its technically a cheese, but its amazing and tastes exactly like greek yogurt! If this product is hard to find, you can just sub in regular vanilla greek yogurt. The other source of protein comes from the chickpeas. These give it a cookie dough-esque flavor as well as a smooth finish with TONS of good quality, plant-based protein. Flax also supplies essential omega-3s, a good source of essential fatty acids that help keep your brain stay strong and healthy! Oats are an amazing source of complex carbs, whole grains, and fiber to help keep you full. I used gluten free oats since I have a gluten intolerance, however normal oats work fine too! Next time you’re craving cookie dough, whip up this healthy alternative instead! Perfect for dipping graham crackers and fresh fruit.
- 1½ cups chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup flax
- ¼ cup gluten free oats
- 1 container vanilla Elli Quark (can be found online, at the Fresh Market, or Whole Foods)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash of cinnamon to your liking
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder (optional)
- ⅛ cup sweetener of choice (I used truvia)
- 1 TBSP agave nectar
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, liquid
- 2 TBSP PB2 powder (or ¼ cup nut butter of choice…I just didn’t have any on hand…shocker I know!)
- ½ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips into a food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
- Dip away! Graham crackers, apple slices, pita bread, pretzels, bananas, strawberries, whatever floats your boat! Or use as a topping on oatmeal, muffins, toast, etc.