Chicken, Mango, Avocado wraps
This is a recipe by PumpUp member @dashdoze, an aspiring dietitian with a passion for healthy living. Find her blog here.
As a new years resolution, I’ve been trying to limit the amount of processed foods I include in my healthy lifestyle. They’re often full of excess sodium and sugar, which often only makes me crave more!
For example: wraps are perceived as healthy, but are often filled with plenty of additional and sometimes unidentifiable ingredients. Instead, I decided to use lettuce leaves as an alternative, because they provide a great ‘crunch’ and freshness.
Chicken and mango are two of my favorite ingredients to wrap together, so I decided to change up my go-to wrap recipe by adding avocado. I had previously never tried it and was delighted at how great the combination was. With a homemade dipping sauce to compliment, it was a filling and healthy lunch.
Chicken, mango, avocado ‘wraps’:
- Cooked, skinless chicken breast (100 grams)
- Avocado, sliced (50 grams)
- Mango, diced (100 grams)
- 2 - 3 large Iceberg Lettuce leaves, rinsed (or other wrap-able lettuce leaf)
- Cucumber, thinly sliced, seeds removed (100 grams)
Note: You can add more or less of each ingredient, these are just approximate estimates for 2 - 3 wraps. Also feel free to substitute your meat of choice for the chicken (e.g. tuna, turkey, lean beef) and add any additional vegetables or fruits.
Tangy mango dipping sauce:
- Mango puree (25 grams)
- Plain Greek yogurt (30 grams)
- Lime juice (1/4 teaspoon)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 teaspoon)
Note: If you like a sweet dip, I recommend adding a natural sweetener like honey aswell.
- Combine all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small container and set aside.
- Place a handful of each of your ingredients on a lettuce leaf and wrap like a wrap! Make sure you also fold in the sides of the leaf to prevent any spillage.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and enjoy!
It really is quite simple and tasty :)
If you don’t want to wrap all your ingredients together, simply make a salad (shown below) and drizzle your dipping sauce on top.
I wish you all the best with your New Years Resolutions! If you try out this recipe I’d love to see it (tag me @dashdoze on PumpUp)! :)